FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Global Upgrades on Delta (GUCs) post 2/1/2022 Changes
Old Feb 3, 2022, 10:56 am
Utskicat

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bgriff
I believe the one check and balance in this is the ticket reissue process, so it's possible this could get caught during that process if it hasn't already been reticketed. Though I don't know if the reticketing agent would be able to see all of the necessary details to know there was an issue, and hopefully even if they could there's a chance they'd go ahead and clear it anyway since the traveler was not at fault.
When I have asked agents about similar situations in the past, multiple ones have indicated that the only check and balance is a human one. There are lots of automation checks when they do an automated "reprice" reissue. But if a support agent runs a manual reissue, (which is only kind of reissue that works for GUC/RUC), then the final reissue command in the computer is a bit of a god-power. It means the agent has reviewed everything and is happy and it just forces whatever has been setup. I recounted a story in another thread yesterday of how an agent a few years ago accidently used 2 of my RUCs instead of GUCs for an international trip. There was nothing that stopped them, both certification numbers are just 006 ticket exchange documents. I didn't even realize until 6 months after the trip when I was trying to use the RUCs and they weren't there!