FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Local lockdowns in the UK
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2022, 5:49 am
fransknorge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Do I get a question back?

Let me ask you, are you open to the possibility that some of the restrictions that have been imposed at various points over the last 2 years had very little or even no effect in improving health outcomes whilst at the same time causing damage in other ways to peoples lives and livelihoods?
Of course.
Some are known since quite some time to have a detrimental effect and be completely ineffective, like basically masking outdoor, restrictions on being outdoor in general (stupid stuff like restricting access to parks, beaches, hiking trail, etc ...). This was useless and harmful since the very beginning (and I always thought that). School closure was always a serious problem. I would say the school closure of the Feb-Apr 2020 were justified. During the summer of 2020, a huge work should have been done to secure them (ventilation, filtration, providing FFP2 masks, millions of LFT stocked for that unique purpose) to avoid closing them again except in strict necessity. Anyway I consider all lockdowns post summer 2020 to be failure of handling the pandemic. They were harmful because they could have been avoided. Curfew were no better since they probably have a small effect anyway (not sure this was proven to be effective, so I don't truly know but I suspect it was not). Plenty of other measures were not very useful.

As for the study, again the conclusion of that study is quite different from what is in the study. The authors acknowledge themselves the definition is too broad to actually find an effect and they can not conclude.