FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help me find a relaxing and luxurious option within 3 hours of MIA
Old Feb 1, 2022, 6:07 am
Out of my Element

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Help me find a relaxing and luxurious option within 3 hours of MIA

Existing plans fell through and we want to be warm, so we just booked flights from BOS-MIA for mid February. We never ever book anything without months of planning but here we are. We will rent a car and we are fine driving most anywhere, as long as it is warm and there is a great beach and it isn't crowded like the coast from West Palm to Miami. That leaves the Keys in play as well as Marco Island, Naples, etc.

We know you can get frozen orange juice season in South Florida (we saw the iguanas falling out of trees on the news), we are counting on it not being that cold for an entire week but understand there are no guarantees. But further south should be warmer than further north, right? So although we like north of Jupiter, I think we prefer being further south than that.

Must haves:

Beach we can walk a long way on
Good Platinum recognition -- at least a decent breakfast
Opportunities to find quiet places

Dates are nights of 2/16-22. We are happy (prefer) to use points, we have just over 500K to spend.

Appreciate the suggestions!