FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]
Old Jan 30, 2022, 5:13 pm
capedreamer

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
I agree with that statement.
Domestic/Transborder MLL are competitive vs. Admiral's Club/United Club/Delta Skyclub/Alaska Lounge offerings.

I would give the AS SEA N lounge a legs up over YYZ Domestic MLL though.
The ambiance and view of the tarmac/runway action in that AS lounge is something else...

Just comes down to competition.
No Competition, No Progress
Agree with the point about competition. From what I’ve seen (courtesy of 24left), WJ’s new lounge at YYC is quite nice. I guess AC doesn’t view WJ as enough of a threat given its limited network.

In any case, I know I’m not breaking any new ground here, but I was actually reasonably satisfied with MLL catering prior to Covid. My comment up thread was meant as a lament that AC seems to be in no rush to return to normal in this regard in North America, whereas the LH / LX / OS lounges I’ve been to, as well as MLLs in Europe, seem to have done that. And the latter is what genuinely perplexes me: Does AC face more competitive pressure abroad than at home? Wouldn’t AC J / *G customers in Europe be quite content using Senator and other *G lounges if the international MLLs didn’t exist?