FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lost baggage /luggage delay, loss, damage - advice, compensation, etc. master thread
Old Jan 30, 2022, 1:51 pm
sigma421

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I remember it taking quite a while in our case. Maybe a few weeks? But then I was also arguing with them when they were being stingy. Never did get the bag back.

Incidentally, my Chase or Citi travel insurance (can’t remember which) did end p covering what AA did not. So that was very satisfying.
Update here. Finally called today as the claim I submitted on 3 December for a bag that went missing on 24 November had never received a reply.

Called early AM UK time and was told to call back when Central Baggage Services was open (they open at 8am CT for anyone wondering). Called again and got through to someone who was very apologetic but couldn’t find any trace of my initial claim. The fact that it was now over 30 days since the delay wasn’t mentioned and she said she’d sort me out right away if I emailed over an itemised expense log and proof with my bank details. I did this and got an email back about 4 hours later telling me my claim was approved. The backlog is about 24 days at the moment apparently.

For info, I claimed $380 for clothing on what turned out to be a 3 day bag delay on a basic economy ticket from EDI-ONT for a BA Silver (Oneworld Sapphire). Was keen to keep inside my insurance limit so didn’t go crazy. The clothes mostly came from Zara and Uniqlo with some gym stuff bought in Under Armour and Nike.