FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA schedule changes - flight change / cancellation / refund policy (consolidated)
Old Jan 30, 2022, 7:44 am
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
I tend to book early for at least half of my trips, and they all end up with schedule changes. I have found that the Twitter team will basically do whatever I want after a scheduled change. As long as I'm not asking to cancel, they will give me any flights I want. There have been instances where they have given me significant changes despite a relatively small schedule change. They have even allowed me to fly out the next morning when an evening itinerary was no longer available the day before. My suggestion is to always try Twitter first. They seem to have more leeway, and it's fast and easy. All I do is include my name and the record locator in the message. I state that there was a schedule change, and I give them the new itinerary that I want. They have never said no.

It's convenient because I don't have to wait on the phone or wait for a call back. I just send my message, and a few hours later I get an email with the new itinerary and a message on Twitter saying it's done.
I want to second @thunderdeacon's suggestion. I was able to change my routing and adjust the trip by a day after a partner airline flight cancellation. Very easy, very efficient.

But after receiving the "We made the changes for you" Twitter message, I asked a question about an unrelated trip, and started down a familiar Twitter rabbit-hole where the replies ignored the context, answered a totally different question than what was asked, etc. I don't know if this is the luck of the draw and getting a super-helpful versus nonsensical response purely depends on which agent handles the Twitter message, or if it's a matter of schedule changes versus other questions.