FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Normandie
Thread: Normandie
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2022, 5:54 am
Satie

Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata
Originally Posted by submonte
Your critics of suitedetails IMHO is incomprehensible and not appropriate.
I just thought it could be interesting to give my impressions on this hotels in the way many people do on this section of Flyertalk. When I'm planning a trip to a new luxury property, one of the first thing I do is looking for previous posts about the hotel on this forum. Sorry if this particular post was not as comprehensible and appropriate as I would've liked it to be

Spent nights in Ibis hotels and can assure you the bathrooms are not comparable, in no way. Room and bathroom design follows the angled architecture of the property.
I admit the comparison with an Ibis bathroom may be a bit exagerated, but this is not what I have in mind when I think of a bathroom in a suite of a luxury hotel:

An unspoken rule in this country is to give tips.
I´m French so I know a bit about the tipping rules of this country And in most luxury hotels in France, you mostly tip the bell hop.

Well the OP, whom I respect as Luxury hotel expert in this forum and follow his posts since long, already decided to stay at Castelbrac and I encouraged him to try. That was not necessarily a decision against Grand Dinar, and your recommendation not to stay at the Barriere hotel bases on assumptions following your stay at Le Normandy.
I never said that the OP (which I also respect a lot) would made his choice based on my comments or yours.

"Barriere 5* properties attract mainly a French premium class of clients."
Like you and most posters here, I've been to quite a few remarkable hotels in France and in many countries to be able to give a legit (though personal) opinion. I've also been to most Barriere French properties except Fouquet's Paris. Their hotel crowds is indeed mostly French (and not as premium as it was 10-15 years ago), but they are also very MICE oriented which is not an issue at all but not always compatible with the idea of luxury that most people share on this forum section. But as I've you said we do not share the same opinion.

Yes, I also encourage everyone to look for R&Cs when staying in France.
On this point, we share the same opinion