FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions on how to start using business credit cards
Old Jan 29, 2022, 8:28 pm
Dr Jabadski

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by osonda
… Bloggers always say I can do that even if I don’t really have a "real" business, and that a side hustle will do. They say: …
Originally Posted by osonda
… Why do bloggers always stress the "side hustle" aspect of it? …
I’ve noticed the same thing. I’m far from an expert about all this but (mainly for Chase 5/24 reasons) I’ve had many business credit cards (sole prop, SSN not EIN, 0 employees, business income same as personal income, number of years in business same as years since graduating medical school) with marginal business credentials, more a business concept than a “real” business 😉 and of course I did once stay at a Holiday Inn Express* 😊.

Many of the bloggers receive substantial advertising income and/or referral payments (for completed successful applications via their links) from credit card issuers. Perhaps those agreements include not promoting business cards for those without a business.

(* “Some years ago, a large lodging chain ran a TV commercial depicting an operating room with surgeons and nurses gathered around the patient. One member of the team begins issuing orders on what to do to save the patient. A second asks, “Are you a surgeon?” He replies, “No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.””)