FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread
Old Jan 28, 2022, 11:07 pm
drvannostren

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Hey all,

I have 25,100 miles expiring in June. I had used these once for a South America - South America return (or maybe it was 1 way I forget) but in the end that trip got cancelled. Then covid hit blah blah fast forward to today. Normally this would be easy, I'd buy gas or whatever and keep my miles going. But I'm Canadian, I don't have any access to the AA branded credit cards, we don't really have any easy AA partners and I don't believe the shopping portal will work for me either. I also tried to donate miles, but they required minimum 1,000 and I don't really wanna drop below the 25,000 threshold. I do think I'll use them for an SA-SA ticket again in the future, but I have nothing planned now, and nothing that I'm confident in booking today even for a year out (just started a new job, so vacation isn't really on the table anytime soon).

So I ask you guys, any ideas on how I may be able to keep my miles from expiring? I have no flights of any kind planned for the next little while and when I do, I need to stick to Star Alliance to make sure I don't lose my status. I have a short haul BA flight but not until well after the expiry.

Any ideas? Anything I'm missing?