FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Master A330-200 (A332) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]
Old Nov 15, 2004, 8:58 am
fed planner

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
Just got back from SAT-MEM-SEA-NRT-SEA-MEM-SAT last week. Generally good flights. I can answer a couple of the questions:

Is the mini-cabin or the front cabin of WBC better? Seems like the front cabin is better. the mini-cabin is behind the boarding door and is only separated from coach by a partition. More traffic, more noise, etc.

How many flight attandents are dedicated to the 1st WBC cabin? The 2nd? Or do the flight attendants work both? I think the front cabin had four working.

Where is the in-flight snack basket placed? For both segments it was at the front galley on the right side. Selection of fruit, Toblerone bars and chips. Water bottles also on the nrt-sea flight.

I was in 2C both flights and this seems like a good seat, along with 2G. row three in the middle is also good, as there is noone behing you.

The new seats were fine, but the shell seemed a bit narrow when fully reclined. I didn't care for the angled lie-flat position, but there are many adjustments that can be made.

AVOD was great, but had the same selection of movies both directions.

The purser complained about the loss of seats from the 747. Like half the WBC seats and 100 less overall. Outbound had 3 or 4 seats empty, return looked full. The WorldClub attendant said they could jusiify a -400 on the route, so not sure what NW's plans are.

If you have any other questions, I can try to answer.

fp