FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Increased price for 7 adults vs 1 adult with I9 & O9
Old Jan 27, 2022, 6:49 am
The Geek

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by barneyb
Thanks all. Just tried a variety of POS on Expertflyer and they are all showing I9 O9.
Sounds like the €29 fare is just a good private fare limited to 4. Think I'll make the booking over two PRN - between us we have 1 gold and 1 silver card so not a huge issue. If the price jumps I can always voucher it and start again.
I've seen this before. { With BA and EZY }

As far as I understand it from analysis over the years, prices even within the same fare class/bucket are dynamic. So if you had 30 tickets in V say, there may be 6 sub buckets of 5 prices within the fare class. If there aren't enough available in the lowest fare bucket, then rather than charge you for X in the cheaper bucket and Y in the more expensive one, it will charge all tickets at the more expensive rate. { Just to throw in more confusion these prices also adjust both ways frequently based upon supply & demand. }

Where it gets interesting is that with EZY if 2 people are trying to book the same ticket(s) at the same time, the latter gets blown out and pays the initial higher rate. However that doesn't necessarily happen with BA, and the second booking sometimes goes through { but may not be ticketed instantly } or the reprice is actually less than the original high rate.

Moral of the story, always price up 1 pax first and if there is a difference for the whole party, split the bookings. Unless you're unlucky enough to have somebody make a massive booking in between yours, you will always be quids in.