FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Homes & Villas by Marriott Experiences and Discussions
Old Jan 25, 2022, 7:38 pm
leadhead

Originally Posted by Northof65
I have spent some of the most stressful days I’ve spent since 2020 dealing with Homes and Villas. Their links for payment did not work despite attempting for four days, hours on the phone with multiple “ representatives” and still today, I have received emails stating:
my reservation is cancelled
what is my phone number(?). No call came.
we are sorry
take 10,000 points
we still need payment.
you are getting a refund.
I am 70 years old… we planned this vacation a year ago after my father died. I have spent the last five days in tears, on the phone, sending emails and I still don’t know if we are going on vacation next month.
I have been a Marriott member for over 35 years and will not deal with them again.
I am not on social media at all, but having never gone through anything like this before, I am truly warning you to think twice before you book with Marriott Homes and Villas.
I also had a bad experience last fall in Spain with Homes and Villas. I began to get nervous when I never received a confirmation from the contracted rental company but decided to let it ride. We showed up in person to the contracted rental company's store front and the apartment we had rented was of course double booked. They provided documentation that they had contacted Marriott homes and villas about the double booking and never received anything back from Marriott. In the end, the rental company was able to offer us an adequate apartment for the stay albeit not the one we booked. I intended to contact Marriott to complain but given a few reports of what a headache trying to deal with the homes and villas branch can be I've just decided to let it go. Will never book through them again and would recommend others avoid H&V at all costs no matter what points deals they are offering.