FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 24, 2022, 3:03 pm
Dcislander

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Just returned from trip 6 to the Hyatt. I still struggle to figure out how Globalist upgrades are dolled out. In the past i've booked the cheapest room and been upgraded to a suite in The Reserve. But i've also booked the most expensive non-suite room and that's what I got at check in. That is what happened again this trip but when I inquired they offered an end unit suite in the west building. I need extra room for work so the small living area was nice but the end unit suites with balconies on the ocean and fountain sides are not the best--very odd configuration. If I was there for fun I'd opt for a balcony ocean view king over that suite. Also, it was on floor 8, just above the sidewalk so early AM hustle and bustle was very loud.

Breakfast in the buffet was good. I think it was a lateral move from 3Tides. It's a much quicker experience. Service was great. No outside seating (unless it was closed and I missed it) but tons of choices. You are not allowed to serve yourself anything, from salsa to bacon--you need to wait and ask an attendant for whatever you want. Smoothie bar and 2 omelet stations covered it for me.

As usual Globalists still get 2 drinks per coupon, one coupon per night. I tried to email the guest experience manager while in-stay to discuss an upcoming reservation. This was the contact on the Globalist letter you get at check in that says "contact us with anything you need." I received an auto reply that she was out but to write to a different person---who never contacted me back. Not the end of the world, but a but disorganized and inconvenient.

Overall the hotel was not very crowded last week. Easy to get restaurant reservations (vs the summer when there were lines everywhere). There are still a lot of people roaming around without masks and the hotel does not do much to enforce the rules. Be prepared If you are a mask-person. The 24 hour pre-flight test was a breeze. Doctors Hospital has it down (soooo much easier getting a test to come home than to go to The Bahamas). I realize it's rolling the dice but 3 hours in advance at the airport would have been miserable. I was there 1:30 in advance again and ended up sitting around for an hour. Medium crowds + global entry + the addition of precheck at NAS=quicker movement through the system!

Travel safe y'all!

Last edited by Dcislander; Jan 25, 2022 at 9:30 am Reason: spelling error