FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Understanding/Using UA Electronic Travel Certificate & Future Flight Credit {Archive}
Old Jan 23, 2022, 9:02 am
ValleyOfTheMoon

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by emcampbe
. . . the use of FFC as a form of payment is relatively new, and the ability to book flights past 12/31/22 Only occurred in the few weeks. You can always try applying as a form of payment toward a flight for Jan. 2023 on a dummy booking and seeing what happens - maybe that works? . ..
At this point (1/22/22), you can only select travel dates up to 12/25/2023, so I can't yet do your suggested experiment of attempting to book for 2023 using a credit that says "Begin travel by 12/31/22).

Meanwhile, based on the posts in reply to my query, I booked a Dec 2022 trip, using a portion of the huge FFC. I went in through the Travel Credits page. The process shows the total cost of the tickets (but only once you get to the payment page) as well as the remaining Flight Credit. (I confirmed the total cost was the same as what I'd priced going through the Reservations page.) Once you pay, you get 2 emails, one with the reservation and one with the Flight Credit showing your "Begin Travel By" (same as before, i.e., 12/31/22), Confirmation (the same PNR as the new reservation), and the Traveler Names, showing half the FFC total amount for each passenger.

So I'll just watch and wait to see what happens this year. The trip I would prefer to make in March 2023 could be booked for September 2022 if need be.

Thanks again to everyone who supports this forum.