FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [OVER 48 HOURS FROM DEPARTURE] AC changed/cancelled my flight. What are my options?
Old Jan 22, 2022, 8:12 am
Smiley90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by diverg
I hope someone here can give me some hope, but I suspect I'm am SOL on this. I'm the one who booked the BKK-HND=LHR, stopover, LHR,-FRA-ORD-AUS booking with the HND-LHR and FRA--ORD legs in F on ANA and Lufthansa respectively. The first portion of the trip went off with no problems at all. The LHR-FRA-ORD took place on January 19. The same day of airlines canceling flight to the US because of the 5G issues. Lufthansa did not cancel the flight, but equipment swapped to a 747-400 with no F. I was even checking the night before for cancellations etc, but it appeared everything was going to go as planned. Next morning not so much. Even the flight purser said they didn't find out about the swap out till about 5:30am. Do I have any recourse? I assume I am SOL, but hope there is a chance to maybe get some miles back. Don't really feel like waiting on hold forever with Aeroplan unless there is a realistic chance of getting something back.

BTW, my understanding is that LH was back to flying the 747-8 the next day.
Given that some of your routing was already in F, no chance. AC routinely sells mixed cabin tickets as if you had every segment in the highest cabin.

EDIT: EU compensation may apply though, see below, so you could be in luck!

Last edited by Smiley90; Jan 22, 2022 at 9:22 am