FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience
Old Jan 21, 2022, 9:56 pm
Infinite1K

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Duke787
How does UA PE line up against AA and DL PE? Largely the same seat and the usual mixed UA service (which used to lag DL but seems to have caught up given some of the DL challenges)?

Just started at a new company and I'm entitled to PE on international flights over 6 hours. I would default to DL (where I'm PM and have been for a few years) but our preferred carrier is UA. Domestic flights the DL pricing is close enough I can fly DL in-policy but for international the difference is big enough that UA (and AA) PE is in-policy but DL is not.

I assume at a minimum that it's worth making the switch (or doing a challenge to start at UA PP) for PE vs. stick with DL C+?

Background I was a long-time 1K who defected during the Smisek era and am now based at RDU so it's been easy in the last few years to make DL work but my prior company didn't have this PE allowance so it was easy to just pick DL over other carriers when it came to Y
Assuming you match to Platinum Pro on AA or Platinum on UA, then your lounge option flying AA will be slightly better as you’ll get access to Flagship Lounge.