FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old Jan 21, 2022, 12:52 pm
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by gellison47
I will be on two separate tickets, JFK-FRA on Singapore Airlines and FRA-OPO on Lufthansa. I believe my SQ flight will arrive at the B gates, and I will need to connect to my Schengen gate in the A gates. It's my understanding that I will need to clear passport control, but can check in for my connecting flight and print my boarding pass at the transfer counter and will not need to re-clear security. Is this correct?
There are no airside path from B Non-Schengen to A Schengen thus you would need to reclear security at all circumstances.

Pre-COVID there was an airside bus from B N/S to Z and after that you could clear passport control at Z and go to A without security but the bus is not running all the time during COVID.

Although yes, any transfer counter, Lufthansa service counter could print out your boarding passes for the FRA-OPO leg.