FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:11 am
Chalmers3716

Programs: Marriott Titanium, United Silver, SW A List Preferred
Trouble buying upgrade online

Hi All,

I didn't see a thread for this, but as it might be a one-off issue I didn't think it deserved its own thread, so I'm hoping someone in here can help me out.

I've got a r/t TATL flight next week in PE. There's a decent offer to upgrade to business on one of the legs, so I've been trying to make the purchase, but each time, I get through the process, choose my seat, submit payment and....get an error message stating "Our system is having trouble right now, please try again later."

It's been over 24 hours, so it seems like if this were a system issue, it would have been making some noise. On the other hand, the way the message is written, AA is indicating this is an issue on their end, not mine (FWIW, I've checked the credit card, and it's not a balance issue, nor have I gotten any fraud alerts).

I've tried using various browsers (chrome, safari) and the app, and I've gotten the same message each time. I tried using the chatbot on the app, but it didn't really go anywhere.

I'm a bit reluctant to call, both because of hold times, and generally not liking making payments over the phone, so I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has experienced anything similar and/or has any suggestions.