FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion card (USA) refresh. Some benefits removed/added. $5k annual fee.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:47 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Visconti
Remarkable! Hey, isn't that in your neck of the woods, GU?
The US is my neck of the woods. [I only stay at hotels in Denmark, unless using the homes of friends. Unlike housing markets elsewhere in the Nordics, the Danish housing market hasn't been a playground for me. ]

Originally Posted by SusanDK
It is true although it was closer to US$84k. It was in Denmark.

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/29/10414...-denmark-blank
There are other situations not so different from that in other countries, at varying price ranges.

The Centurion qualification account spend in the UK during parts of the pandemic were the lowest I've seen -- lower at times than even the qualification account spend amounts in Sweden and Denmark during this same time. Even the US seemed to lower a bit. I think the relatively lower spend amounts for Centurion account qualification for some in 2020 and 2021 don't really bother Amex since Amex is all about the fees everywhere. And Amex is more about the fees than it is about the benefits -- especially when the benefits are those that cost Amex and not a marketing-partner-funded "benefit". Expect more of this rotating basket of "benefits", since Amex seems stuck on the carousel of using partner-funded "benefits" to try to make the direct benefit value proposition of the Centurion card appealing to those already paying the high fee.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jan 19, 2022 at 7:52 am