FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question about Aeromexico flight booked on delta/ change terminal Mexico City !
Old Jan 18, 2022, 4:00 pm
Kerrirdh

Originally Posted by asar
For posterity, here's some information for a trip like the OP's:

The following AM destinations are currently operating from T1:
Campeche​ (CPE)
Durango​ (DGO)
Los Mochis​ (LMM)
Matamoros​ (MAM)
Nuevo Laredo​ (NLD)
Reynosa​ (REX)
Tampico​ (TAM)
Zacatecas​ (ZCL)
Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo​ (ZIH)

From Feb 1, 2022, these are added:
Culiacán (CUL)
Mazatlán (MZT)
Minatitlán (MTT)

There's a lounge at Gate 9 that partnered with AM. Business class passengers, SkyClub members, Priority Pass, STE+, etc. can use it. All flights will leave between gates 1 and 10.

There's an airside transfer bus or the landside transfer train. To use the airside bus speak to someone in an AM connections desk, they leave from Gate T in T1 and go to Gate 75 in T2. I wouldn't risk an international to domestic connection shorter than 3/4 hours. Domestic to international I think you can manage with a 2/3 hour connection.

Note that a few of these destinations are served from T2 by Aeromar (www.aeromar.mx), often for less money.

In my experience, practice matches policy for bags: if you fly into T2 on Delta or AM, your bag goes direct to final destination in all cases EXCEPT if you're flying in from Central or South America. If you are flying on a different airline and connecting on to AM, you have to pick up your bag and recheck it at the connections desk.

Also - the T1 check-in counters for AM are super far from the domestic gates (20-30 min walk). If originating in MEX for a T1 flight, I suggest web or whatsapp check in and then going through security at the filter in front of Airport Doors 2 or 3. Alternatively, if you must check bags or go to the counter, ask taxi to drop you off at International Gate F2, then go through security at the filter next to the Centurion Lounge, then going to the Grand Elite Lounge (they take Priority Pass), then asking the lounge for a golf cart transfer to your gate.
I am flying to JFK-MEX-MZT end of January .
return MZT-MEX JFK in February.

looks like Mzt is on your list to change terminals?
so experience will be different on way home?
also he long walk you were referring to.

will that be for my flight?

do they consider MZT-MEX domestic? Then international?
thanks