FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Loyalty Points discussion/questions - From 2022 now used for determining elite status
Old Jan 18, 2022, 11:01 am
psusaver

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Amtrak

AA mile and EQM earning listed. The Economy OW fare was $822.70 or so. The 'D" fare on JAL metal was $2777 RT, the other half is still to be flown.

For those 747-800i that are looking at the DEL-HND-JFK-HND-DEL fares (J /business class) on JAL. I booked and flew one leg of the DEL-HND-JFK-PIT recently. Actually I had booked till JFK then realized it was a pain to move luggage from airport to Amtrak etc and take the train the next day to Pittsburgh, so I called (from Delhi using my google voice no) the customer service in Tokyo, and they very helpfully changed my routing to PIT, and it only cost me an additional INR 1458 or so. (like a crisp $20 bill).

Anyhow, my miles just posted, the fare was a "D" fare on JAL business, and AA First class on AA 4530 (JFk-PIT). I was pleasantly surprised to see that this flight + an earlier OW to India on AA has helped me reach AA Gold status, my first ever earned "elite status" in any frequent flyer program since I began flying ~20 yrs ago. Here's a screenshot of the EQMs etc. That spreadsheet above is real cool jfkeze , but you get 6773 miles (one more ) on HND-JFK. Of course AAdvantage wont be telling us about the LP till March or whenever, but the EQM and other details are here for this routing.

I really appreciated the 1000 EQM for the 180 base miles flight between JFK-PIT on F.
The Dec 28 flight was not PIT-JFK-DEL, it's showing only the first segment in the image/AAdv summary page. The ticket cost me $ 822. Also, I had to make this trip on short notice for a family emergency/death event so I booked OW. On the return I decided to go for Biz fare as even economy fares around Jan 11 were too pricey. The "D" fare on JAL came with no change fees so I was able to change the date and itinerary on two separate calls.

Last edited by psusaver; Jan 18, 2022 at 11:07 am Reason: Adding a note about the F segment on AA metal