FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200 reimbursement reports: DL only (2022)
Old Jan 18, 2022, 9:19 am
iatraveler

Did I mess up by buying a refundable ticket? We are planning a trip for late spring and figured it was time to turn our AMEX credits (my HH Aspire and my wife's Platinum) into DL eCredits. Ultimately, we'll need three tickets, so my plan was to just use eCredits towards those to keep everyone on a single reservation - either using my eCredit towards my ticket and my wife's towards hers (if DL allows) or using my credit towards my ticket on the outbound and my wife's towards her ticket on the return flight. I found a refundable flight for $348 (I only booked a refundable fare because that came the closest to $350 for the route I was checking), attached two $50 GCs that I had left from when AMEX still reimbursed them and charged the $248 balance to my Aspire. I don't doubt that I'll get the reimbursement from AMEX based on reports here. However, my concern is that when I do go to cancel my ticket, I want to make sure it's possible to get an eCredit for my refundable fare vs. having it refunded to the GCs and the Aspire (knowing that AMEX would then claw back my airline credit). Is this an option with a refundable fare or will it always be refunded to my original payment?