FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United 2023 Qualifying Requirements (first The Points Guy, now UA.com)
Old Jan 17, 2022, 2:03 pm
spartacusmcfly

Programs: UA LT GS | UA LT Club | Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
I suspect UA thinks it would be bad form doing a travel promo with 750,000+ cases a day and will wait until this wave subsides.
Yes, Omicron + Staffing = No Promotions

From all my interactions with call centers, social media team, gate agents, a pilot, golf club baggage handler, etc, UA is running hot. Every function has authorized overtime for nearly every frontline position. They're barely holding on.

If they were to launch a promotion, especially a convoluted one like last fall/winter, it would overwhelm the call centers with questions.

My guess is UA, hibernates for the next month, prays for good weather to minimize IRROPS, and comes out with a blockbuster promo in a month or two.

Originally Posted by Repooc17
Last year's Q1 promo was announced in November of the preceding year (Nov. 2020 to be exact).

I don't think we should expect much this year, if anything. UA is not going to give away its farm, two years in a row; it wants $$$ from you (and everyone else)!
Last year, UA accepted 20 cents on the dollar for 1K status. $2,700 of $13,500 or $3,000 of $15,000.

I agree, they won't repeat that in 2022, but I could easily see them doing 50 cents on the dollar in 2022.

The promotions will come, once Omicron and the weather calm down, and they will be rich.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 17, 2022 at 3:17 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member