FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 16, 2022, 8:38 am
Bigmac

My daughter tested positive for COVID the night before we were to return to US. Part of the program, you test the night before you return home. She was the only one to test positive of the 4 of us.

They quarantined her in her room, tested her each day, doctor called each day to check in on her and she was given $150 a day for room service, not allowed to leave the room.

You have the option to stay until you test negative or get a medical evac flight to Florida, we picked the med evac flight. It took two days to get CDC clearance for the med evac flight, was a private jet shared with two other groups of 2, both groups had at least one person positive for COVID. We were scheduled to check out on Monday, she tested positive Sunday night. Med Evac flight was Wednesday morning. My daughter tested negative in Florida Wednesday afternoon, so we stayed in Florida until we could fly back on Friday after 5 days had passed from initial positive test.

I sent my two other kids home and I stayed with my 18 year old daughter. Because we had two rooms (connecting) I was allowed to stay in my original room while my daughter was in the other connecting room. They put me in quarantine as well since I had close contact with my daughter, the room was comp and I was given $150.00 credit a day as well. I was not allowed to leave my room. Since we were supposed to check out in the morning, our keys expired and were not reissued since we were not to leave the room. We didn't leave the rooms until time to depart on our med evac flight.

Very pleased with how the hotel took care of us after my daughter tested positive. Hotel manager was our primary contact once she tested positive. No issues with food or keeping rooms. Was nice to have the doctor call every day checking in on my daughter, even though she had no symptoms. Had to provide additional documentation for the med evac flight, but was easy to do. The Baha Mar program is much better than the general Bahamas insurance program, which we didn't apply for.