FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition
Old Jan 14, 2022, 5:33 pm
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The Situation
Having had more meals on DL than I can count over the years, I can assure you that the ingredient list that you post for your turkey sandwich might be different than the turkey sandwich someone receives out of a different airport or on a different day out of the same airport you flew out of. Its not like they accurately list the ingredients for the FAs to be able to tell pax either. I often get "option 1 is a turkey sandwhich and option 2 appears to be ____" and even occasionally I get "option 1 is a turkey sandwich and I have no idea what option 2 is...they didn't list it on the box and I took a peak at it and I still don't know what it is." My last flight the FA told me the grain bowl was cous cous...it was definitely farro.
Currently, meal boxes look to be mass produced in possibly same facility. My guess is that they will likely be pretty consistent (borrowed from another post).