FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 14, 2022, 10:43 am
saint

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
Originally Posted by Bigmac
Anyone have experience with quarantine (at the Hyatt Baha Mar) after testing positive before going home to US?

I just read a recent review a few days ago on the Facebook Hyatt Globalists group. The member talked about a family member that tested positive on the last day before flying out. He said that true to the guarantee, they paid for the room they were staying in along with all the meals for the people in his party. They got $150 @ per person for food. He said they tested the next day and it came back negative so they could leave.

I guess they just keep testing you until you test negative. I went last year and I thought they would make you stay there X # of days after you test positive but nope. He said once you test negative you leave if you can arrange the flights. I thought there was something on the form from the airline that said you haven't tested within X days of today but I guess it doesn't matter. He said his family member left the following day after they came back negative.

I asked if they were allowed to leave their room and he said technically they weren't supposed to but I'm not sure how they really regulate it. He didn't say if they left the room or not.

I thought the guarantee was awesome. It was a MAJOR pain in the butt last year getting to Bahamas due to so many tests and I NEVER would have went without this guarantee. Just keep in mind Hyatt has to be your first destination. I was going to go again this year and split up the trip here and Atlantis but we would have went to Atlantis first and I didn't want to hassle with all the testing.