FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways / QR: Redeem AA Miles for Award (master thd)
Old Jan 13, 2022, 5:23 pm
Smiley90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
That depends if married segments are in play or not. If not, then it should be no problem to add it.

The problem is that many AA agents are just poorly trained and/or confused by these rules, so some wrongly insist you need availabilty on the whole routing to make a change when you really don't. So you may have to HUCA.
Thanks! Funny story - I forgot about this for a few days and went to check again today and not only did DOH-CPT become available, but ALSO BOS-DOH. On consecutive days! Just two days before the date I was supposed to be in Cape Town. Pretty close to perfect result, so I was able to just book BOS-DOH-CPT for 2 ppl in J, no hassle. If the same opens up a day or 2 later I can just change, if not I can probably swing the extra two vacation days

Now I have the luxury of having to decide between BOS-DOH-CPT and JFK-AUH-JNB-CPT, QR vs EY... 75k vs 100k miles... Wrong days vs extra flight & train ride to NYC...