FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus impact in Japan [consolidated]
Old Jan 12, 2022, 7:55 pm
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by hailstorm
In the early days of Omicron, even asymptomatic patients were kept in an actual hospital until testing negative.
They seem to have stopped that, a friend of mine was quarantined but not in an actual hospital, basically an interim solution. Not quite sure where. But all that for basically a sore throat. He might as well just isolate at home until symptoms have been away for a certain number of days. (can't remember the exact counts that most countries run with).

Originally Posted by Akihabara
Earlier this year, when my daughter got Covid, i was amazed at 2 things (comparing to how things were done in Aus). Firstly, she was asked to go to a hospital and get checked out which i found odd - knowingly sending a positive case towards a hospital when her symptoms were mild. Secondly, it was odd that my wife, who lives under the same roof, wasn't considered a close contact (and then went and worked at the Olympics during that time)...
Yeah, quite odd setups.