FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Loyalty Points discussion/questions - From 2022 now used for determining elite status
Old Jan 12, 2022, 4:29 pm
vasantn
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by brp
Tell me about it! I had this EQD/EQM thing down cold. Now I meed to modify my spreadsheet to be able to include "other" stuff. I already had to add an Award category to add flights that count as segments and contribute no status currency at all. Random "anything" will be interesting.

harder will be planning since this is so unpredictable. I could have a whole year planned out the prior year (basic planning) with flights. Not so here. The plus side is that, given a need tehre are more options than getting on a plane.

Cheers.
I'll be doing at least 30 segments one way or another so I can qualify for the Elite Choice rewards. Say an average of $400/segment (net of taxes) as a wild guess, that would give me 144K LPs if I used an AA-branded card. So I would need to scam only about 56K LPs through Rocketmiles, bonsai trees, and the like, which should cost < $2K. Seems easy enough.