FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canada officials say vaxx req for visitors, random testing to end by 30 Sept.2022
Old Jan 12, 2022, 2:16 pm
zrh2yvr

Programs: AC SE 100K
Originally Posted by rankourabu
I wonder how many people are actually waiting, dilligently isolating, on their results, since really there is no follow up or enforcement of any kind.
After all, even if you actually have covid, you are free to roam the streets after 5 days.
Not to go out on a limb but I can confirm that I was not selected for any testing at YYC on December 27. Was travelling with my other half. As we were going to YYC for only 3 days we had already basically decided in advance that we would 100% ignore the quarantine and would not wait. We had appointments all day on day one and only had such a short time an uncertain wait would be impossible. I have 100% obeyed every one until this date but frankly, would probably not do it ever again. So - answering your question - I wonder why anyone is waiting?

Reading down the thread a bit - I also do see the German's point of view. We look 100% disorganized and they can see through and wonder what this is all about. Also - if results were like clockwork - overnight - I would basically wait for sure - but an uncertain wait time - forget it. We did arrival tests in UK (which we paid for) and like clockwork - they were received by noon from a 9pm test.

Who is getting rich at Switch and seriously Life Labs - you owe British Columbia a new hospital on your $$$$ based on the crazy unheard of revenues you have made in the past 18 months.