FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Class Partner Award on AF, Flight Cancelled (SFO-CDG) - VS told me “tough!”
Old Jan 11, 2022, 9:21 pm
ernad

Originally Posted by jsn55
In normal times, Virgin could probably do something for you, but the airlines are busy trying to stay solvent these days. It's worth a call to Air France to inquire about a Delta flight, though. Reference the AF confirmation number on the email.
Thank you - good point, and understandable. I called Air France twice today and they refuse to touch it because it is Virgin Atlantic ticketed and they insist that if the situation was flipped, that Air France would happily reaccommodate us on a different AF marketed flight. I call Virgin Atlantic back after each chat with AF and after 2-3 hours on hold get told the same thing, it is AF’s problem and AF should push through a new rebooked flight.

It’s no fun to have spent 330k flying club miles + $1k in taxes and fees several months ago and now have to shell out several thousand in cash to keep our dates or totally reschedule our hotel booking, transport, and plans in London, but alas - first world problems I suppose. Virgin Atlantic was no help and I won’t be rushing to book with them again in the future.