FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Observations on the San Francisco metro area currently?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 10:22 am
ucdtim17

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Boraxo doesn't sugarcoat the truth. no matter how painful. As for credibility, on the internet you can be a troll from anywhere and nobody will know any better. As a native and long time resident who has visited all city neighborhoods at all hours I will put my SF and Oakland street cred up against anybody. But what do I know since I bought a house in a nice suburb? What are your qualifications?
That's great you're an unbiased straight shooter but there's also likely pretty significant overlap between people who choose to live in places like Danville and people who would not recommend walking around downtown Oakland or SF after dark. On the other hand, more people moved to Oakland in the past ten years than live in Danville entirely, so for a lot of people, the pros outweigh the cons. The whole reason anyone knows about Uptown Oakland as a thing, as a happening neighborhood, is because many people enjoy visiting the neighborhood's bars and restaurants after dark, or people decide to live in one of the many new apartment buildings there. If you're from Wichita and are generally only comfortable in suburban areas with white people around - yeah you probably won't be comfortable in downtown Oakland after dark but those people are probably not considering a visit to Oakland anyways. Otherwise, use normal street smarts and please enjoy visiting this wonderful city. (SF is also a nice place to visit)