FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Million Miler Gifts and Discussion (2015-2021)
Old Jan 11, 2022, 10:13 am
mrnewton

Programs: Delta SM, 1MM; Alaska Gold 100K
MM Experience

I qualified for 1 MM in 2017. I had decided on a particular gift, but when I tried to choose it, was informed it was no longer available.
I waited, hoping it would be on offer again. In late 2021, having come across this thread, I reached out to Delta Customer Care hoping I could at least get a gift card. Of course, it took a while for a response, but I was informed that
time had run out as one needed to choose a gift within one year of qualifying. Perhaps I am mistaken but pretty certain I could still review gift options in early 2019, although there was still nothing appealing. I recall being able to select something and get to the checkout option.

I understand rules are rules, but usually, I am aware of them and act accordingly. So perhaps this is my error, but still wonder why Delta can't issue one of those "clock is ticking" e-credits or a gift card.

On a different topic, I have been fortunate in not having to call Delta during these trying times. But in mid-2021 I needed to do so. I got a wildly enthusiastic agent who remarked several times on my 1 MM status.
I was a bit cynical and said that Delta could take away Silver Medallion status at any time or impose some additional requirement. "Oh no, Delta would never do that!" was the response.