FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My First First
Thread: My First First
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2022, 11:49 am
HoneymoonFlyer

Originally Posted by alexwuk
* Eat in the CCR (or better yet, the Hinds Head or Waterside Inn in Bray, 20 mins away or the Tudor Room 10 mins away - all have stars). The simple fact is: a food cooked in a real kitchen with fresh ingredients on hand is going to better than anything prepared many hours in advance and reheated, no matter how lovingly made or expensive.

* The average retail price of the still wines served in F is about a tenner, versus LPGS at 80-100ish. I wish it were more evenly balanced, but BA are encouraging you to "stick with the fizz"

* Don't be afraid to ask about the various controls of the seat.
Good point on the wines. If you like champagne then you cannot go wrong with BA F. But there is usually one decent white burgundy and one decent Bordeaux which are more than passable for when you are champagned out.

As others have said - don’t listen to the naysayers - they have legitimate but ultimately rather fussy complaints that are not necessarily relevant to someone doing it for the first time.

OP - you will have a great time - leave plenty of time for the CCR and take stock of your special check in, security and lounge environment. On the plane ask for everything you like and tell them it’s your First First. You’ll have a great time.