FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My First First
Thread: My First First
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2022, 12:44 am
Koru Flyer

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
A couple of comments on lounges
- have a meal in the CCR. The portions are small, so ask for more no drama. On board you can delay your main meal depending on how stuffed you are, or switch your second meal (sandwiches?) with the main meal to reverse order. You will get next to nothing on the AA flights at the moment so you can fast on the JFK/AUS
- at JFK you will be able to use the AA Flagship lounge - this is a step up on the normal AA Admirals Club with food buffet, champagne and reasonable self serve bar. As you are on the BA flight number you will not get access to the first dining (a complaint of mine) and you cannot go back to the CCR in the BA terminal.
- you may consider changing the inbound to JFK to use the CCR there as the Flagship lounge in DFW remains closed. There is a Centurian lounge that is open. Of course the longer flight time from DFW could be beneficial for a meal on board and then a sleep rather than the fast flight from JFK.

enjoy! I flew the lhr/jfk just before Xmas, and despite the ungodly timed connection from CPH I positively enjoyed it!

KF