View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2022, 12:04 pm
flyingrohit

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
UA82 EWR-DEL
777-300ER Seat 9L
1/8/22
Meals: Dinner, Snack, Breakfast

Dinner was choice of chicken, salmon, and vegetarian, just like sfo-del. Had the chicken and I wanted to give it another try thinking that There’s no way it was as this bad.

And sure enough, this might have been one of the worst meals ever on United yet again. The chicken was dry, overcooked, tasteless, even with the tomato, and look how small it is! The vegetables were swimming in their own boiling water and were tasteless. I had to empty the salt and pepper shakers. The bread was wet and soggy I don’t know why they heat it in the bags just take it out. Whatever germs you think you’ll spread will get killed in the oven. And the cookie……

Take note of one thing interesting though. Nuts were served in proper ramekins.

so I decided if United won’t do it, I’ll do it myself. Below we have a pre COVID post departure nuts and champagne.

mid flight snack they had a Turkey sandwich, apple and Gouda sandwich, Vegetarian sandwich and a grilled cheese.

below is the Turkey sandwich.

it was cheap and definitely not up to standard but I guess for a school lunch it was delightful.

Grilled cheese was grilled cheese

Breakfast was a choice of French toast or Oatmeal, 2 of the easiest and lowest effort items to make for breakfast. I chose French toast. It was fine but it was just bread, the sauce was sweet but wasn’t smooth, it was rather goopy and had the texture of….well never mind

Ultimately another disappointing meal flight, this one was quite atrocious. Though I did have a nice long chat with United’s purser supervisor of Newark FAs who was working this flight and gave the whole summary of what the trajectory of United meals is looking like (discussed in the COVID era inflight service changes thread). Enjoy and cheers!

TLDR: if you are flying to India, choose the salmon or vegetarian and eat in the Polaris Lounge. Breakfast will be a letdown either way.