FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qualifying for Aeroplan Elite Status - overview/FAQ
Old Jan 8, 2022, 4:34 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by The Lev
Adam Smith I have not flown on a UA connection for a while. Does AC still frequently shortchange people on AQM when they buy a Flex fare expecting to earn 100% AQM on the UA (or other partner) segment only to find out that AC has put them into a fare bucket that only earns 50%? If that's still a problem, it might be worth noting as a caveat in this thread.
Yes, good point. I'll add something to clarify.

Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
A brief suggestion: I wonder if you would save some hassle later on if early in the FAQ you distinguish between Aeroplan as a flight rewards program and Aeroplan Elite as a frequent flyer program (or whatever the appropriate terms would be). Many people are confused by the shared terminology.
You may have a point. I'm not sure there's as much confusion since the new program launched and AC killed Altitude, but if you have a thought on what could be useful, please post it and I can update the OP.

I decided not to put this in a wiki since a lot of people in the forum organization thread said they don't like wikis, so we're trying to mix in some threads like this where the information is in the OP or first couple posts, but I have no pride of ownership on this thread and will happily take input from the community

Finally, in this sentence did you mean to use both “miles” and “points?” “Flights on most of these partners only earn Aeroplan miles (i.e. no SQx), and some only earn Aeroplan points on certain routes (e.g. Cathay Pacific).”
Yes, I did, because I hate repeating the same thing over and over again. Do you think that might be confusing to people who are less familiar with the program?

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jan 8, 2022 at 4:48 pm Reason: Fixed quote