FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Jan 7, 2022, 3:07 pm
edgewood49

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by eyeball1
Speaking of nickel and diming, I took my Starbucks/Whale's Tail voucher to the overflow Elite Starbuck's station outside the regular Starbuck's here last week. I was asked whether I wanted a large or regular coffee as part of the voucher redemption. I chose the large coffee. I was then happily handed a bill for 1.20$ "upcharge" for the larger coffee size. That is some impressive elite treatment. This is from a resort with a base room costing about $1300.00 a night while I was there.

Also, I noticed on my bill that the resort fee here went from 38$ a night to 45$ a night as of Jan 1st.
Ah but remember what Anthony Capuano CEO of Marriott said we customers need to have symphony for the hotel operators in these times, I guess that means charging 1300 a night and surcharging for a large coffee!! These actions by individual properties have a wide range of consequences such as people staying home on the mainland. It's pitiful what this owner is doing.