FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Airlines Fleet Updates [2022 Edition]
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:54 am
MBS MillionMiler
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sameruval
Informative stuff! I've booked myself flights in Polaris to (SFO-NRT, and HND-ORD) at the tail end of August/beginning of September, both being flown by 789s in the old configuration. Hoping by then more retrofits have been done.

The official tracker says they should be done by "Summer 2022". Looks like they made decent progress over 2021. For those of you who have kept a closer eye on this, what do you think the chances are that most of the fleet is in the new configuration by then?
While nothing is certain in this crazy world...I'm pretty confident they'll have the 789s done by then, and if not, probably the last of them will be Xiamen for their retrofits...As long as they continue modifying 3 at a time like they're doing now.

But also note that the 789 on the schedule right now is a placeholder. I don't think anyone, even UA, knows what aircraft will be flying any given route in August yet. But since UA doesn't run 767s (of any kind) to Asia, I think you'll be safe with one true Polaris seat or another.