FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - if you had begun staying in luxury hotels sooner than you did
Old Jan 6, 2022, 2:46 am
pstm91

Back in the 90's, growing up I was fortunate to stay in nice hotels when we would go on family vacations. Usually something like a Four Seasons, Round Hill, Grace Bay Club etc. We went to Europe a lot because my mom's family lives in the UK and both of my parents lived in several places before ending up in NY. While our US and Caribbean trips were in hotels, in Europe we would usually stay with friends. The first time I truly realized what luxury was capable of, felt like, and was WOWed was when I was maybe 14 or 15 and we finally stayed in a hotel during a Europe trip - Cipriani in Venice. That trip, and that stay, opened my mind to what a truly luxurious trip is. I knew places such as Grace Bay were nice, but this was something else.

That's a long way to answer the question and say I wish I could have experienced more properties similar to Cipriani, places such as Villa Feltrinelli, Villa d'Este, various Belmond's and Cheval Blancs, etc. Speaking of Belmond - their trains as well.