FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back (B2B) / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old Jan 5, 2022, 3:00 am
David_Doyle

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by salut0
I have a short timelapse I took of most of the connections walk from disembarking at T2 A51. Anyone know how I could post it here?

In summary: it’s a very easy and quick walk from arriving to departing at the same gate.

The connection route took a very short time and then we went up the escalator back to the departures level where we got back to the gate. Strictly speaking the gate entrance for boarding was actually on the same level as we exited the aircraft and there’s a divided revolving door which funnels passengers into the transit route when they arrive, which is then presumably closed once all passengers have got off.

That same door is used to allow passengers back in to the boarding bridge after being scanned as departing passengers before getting on the flight again.

You do have to go through security check and scanning of carry on bags and they will take away liquids unless they’re for a baby. The hall for this check is quite large and at peak times might be busy but there was almost nobody there when we went through.

Nobody checked anything except our boarding passes for BA315 and nobody asked any covid or immigration questions or wanted to see any of the paperwork we’d laboriously filled out beforehand. I don’t remember showing the other French forms (about the reasons which allow travelers to transit who are at the moment otherwise prohibited to enter France) to BA before checkin for LHR-CDG either, although they did make us fill out the general French passenger data form online before checking in.
Thanks for your message and I'll update the Wiki to reference this post.

Just to note - I think I've seen the 'revolving' door you speak of, which makes me think you might have come in on a different gate and/or layout than I did a few weeks back.

When I arrived the airbridge was connected into the lower 'Arrivals' level, then when everyone was off the aircraft and they were ready to board the bridge was moved up to the 'Departures' level. From your account it seems there is an option at CDG to use the same level for both but with a door filter to separate arrivals and departures. When I arrived I followed the normal exit route and then off to the right along this route was the 'Transit' route that puts you straight back at the start of the main security check.

Regardless, still seems like an easy route.