FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands {NLD}
Old Jan 5, 2022, 2:13 am
nldogbert

Originally Posted by sierranevada
So planning a visit back to Amsterdam in August. I have been several times before and most recently stayed at Double Tree. This time am considering the Hilton and wondering how it compares to the Double Tree. The rest of my group are all visiting AMS for the first time so I want canal view and good location. Thanks
Since the majority in your group are 1st timer - I would definitely go for the DT Central Station (there are 2 DT's in Amsterdam) - this is so much more convenient to do all touristy stuff. Of course no guarantee of canal view (but this applies to the Hilton property too)
Will not really recommend the Hilton property - in my opinion an overpriced property with not much value for money and I can expect in August, prices will be sky high especially if current situation improves and the world opens up further. However it is also not the most suitable property for 1st timers - yes it's relatively close to the Museum quarter area (10-15 mins walk). Unless you are looking for a property which is quiet and residential neighborhood type surrounding, this is the property to go for.

Cheers!