FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Renewal Information and Processing Timelines
Old Jan 4, 2022, 11:40 pm
dbuckho

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Took our first family trip including flights since pandemic start two weeks ago. Checked-in and my wife's boarding pass printed out without pre-check. Thought perhaps I forgot to enter her trusted traveler number in the reservation -- nope it was in there. Then looked at her GE card and realized we forgot to renew her membership that expired 2/2021 (also then went and found the nice reminder to renew email sent back in 8/2020 -- but it went to an email we just use for frequent flier/shopping programs and I missed it).

12/22 -- applied for her renewal a couple hours after printing the boarding passes
12/23 -- received conditional approval and notice to schedule an interview.

Unfortunately no remote interviews available and earliest appointment in LA would be September. But our winter break trip was to Seattle and Bellingham, WA -- so checked options there. SEA next interview was February, but Bellingham is near the Nexus Blaine Enrollment Center, which was wide open with appointments. Could have had one the next business day (following Monday after Christmas - but it would be another week before we went to Bellingham). Scheduled for an 8:30 appt before driving back to SEA and our afternoon flight home yesterday.

1/2 Interview in Blaine, WA
1/3 Received notice of full approval

My wife said the folks at Blaine were super-nice and Bellingham is a very beautiful, relaxing place if anyone wants to do a mileage run for a sooner appointment.

Fee paid via Amex Platinum and reimbursed within a day or two. Very glad to have her renewed -- it took her about 25 mins to get through security at LAX on our outbound while my sons and I went through pre-check in under 60 seconds. For the return from SEA we signed her up for Clear via her Amex benefit - but that still took her about 15 minutes vs. our minute. Next family flights are in April so hopefully her card should arrive by then. Now I just need to get on the ball for my sons' GEs which will expire in July and next February.