FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Ultimate Emirates Baggage Guide Thread FAQ
Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:10 am
cargueiro

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Did not see this explicitly addressed in this thread, but does Emirates allow pooling of the allowance for pax in the same booking? So if three pax each have a 20kg allowance, are 2 suitcases of 25kg allowed?
You should be fine. In some markets, the maximum weight of a piece of checked baggage is 23kg. The reduced weight is due to manual handling regulations stating baggage handlers should not have to lift above 23kg. As you are only looking at a 25kg bag, it would have to be one pernickerty check in agent to refuse your bag for being 2kg over if the 23kg weight applies.

But I once worked for a ground handler handling a certain British airline and we were once briefed to reject any bag over 23kg due to manual handling regulations in the state in question. The airline was very strict with agents about this.

I have know EK to get very strict about imposing regulations from time to time but think you would be unlucky to get rejected for 25kg bags.

In markets where 32kg bags are the maximum, to you should not pack above this weight as 32kg is quite heavy for a lot of staff and I do not think one should expect handlers to lift above this.

23 or 25kg is not that heavy though.