FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 127 bonsai trees for EXP
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2022, 11:27 pm
Alex_I

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by ghsbass0406
Totally with you on the partners; a good reason why I made EXP this past year was because of inexpensive (relatively speaking) I fares (first class) on Alaska. The long round trips with 30% of the mileage as EQDs definitely added up and in many ways doubled or tripled your EQDs from the actual dollars spent. I will continue to fly as my main metric for LP and will rely on partners. Nevertheless, I couldn't help but post this because of the humorous abject absurdity of it all.
- Thank you for posting this! This bonsai tree thread clearly exemplifies the absurd nature of the "new" AA program , where AA now stands for Abject Absurdity. While my 25-yearold bonsai tree just died, I am not in a rush to order another one. The past year I re-qualified for AA EXP by flying about 50% Business/First domestically, two trips from East Coast to Hawaii in Premium Economy, and Qatar business from US to Zanzibar. With 2 more domestic trips in Y next month I will get to 120K EQM and chose another reward. I also dumped AA credit cards several years ago. However, as a lifetime AA PLT, why should I be loyal to the AA bonsai tree company?