FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:21 am
craigthemif
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
I think Marriott owes me one year. I think I first qualified for Platinum in 2019. The app only shows three years of Platinum, which doesn't make any sense. This would be my 4th year.
The T&Cs certainly suggest that 2022 should already be counted as Platinum, with a specific example making this clear...

For example, if a Member meets the Gold Elite Minimum Requirement during the 2022 Eligible Status Year by earning twenty-five (25) Eligible Nights and becomes a Gold Elite Member for the remainder of 2022 and for all of 2023, 2022 and 2023 will each count as separate Eligible Status Years.
However, for a ridiculous number of FTers, that certainly isn't happening as it should. For example, 2022 should be my 10th year (no matter whether I meet the criteria since I am Platinum today), so either 2022 hasn't been counted correctly yet, or they've lost a year along the way...