FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread
Old Jan 2, 2022, 11:51 am
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by onebobobo
Is it possible to use my certificates with my wife as the primary (to use her ecredit) and me as the companion?
Yes -- the primary card member does not have to be the primary traveller on the reservation, or even be on the reservation at all.

Originally Posted by vulnox
We have three companion passes that are Platinum Delta (two on my Delta account, one on my wife's). We have one companion pass from a Delta Reserve (my wife's).

We have a trip planned for November 2022 and it will be us two, our two kids, two friends of ours, and their daughter. I would like to use up as many of these companion passes as possible.

[...]

Lastly, just to confirm, we can use a companion pass for two of them even if one of us isn't on that exact booking? So for example my wife and I use one companion pass, then I want to use another for our friends, and another for our kids, it is all pairs of two and we pay for one of the fairs, we will still be good to use companion pass for each? I got the kids their own Delta SkyMiles numbers since it sounds like that is a requirement at least.

Thank you all!
See above -- the card holder(s) don't need to be one of the travelers on the reservation. However you can only book two passengers at a time if using the companion cert, so you will have to book 6 of you as 3 pairs, as you described. I've only ever used Reserve certs so don't have any further info on paid upgrades beyond what others have posted to the thread (I am inferring that none of you have Delta elite status, but if it happens that 2 or more of you do, you may want to split the elite members into different reservations to maximize the chances of complimentary upgrades for the most number of people; also you might want to do parent1+kid1 and parent2+kid2 depending on the kids' ages and also in the case of IRROPs)