FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread
Old Jan 2, 2022, 8:02 am
vulnox

Hi all, trying to work out our best strategy for using companion passes. It may come down to being unworkable or more trouble than its worth, but trying to do the homework as we have yet to actually use any of them.

We have three companion passes that are Platinum Delta (two on my Delta account, one on my wife's). We have one companion pass from a Delta Reserve (my wife's).

We have a trip planned for November 2022 and it will be us two, our two kids, two friends of ours, and their daughter. I would like to use up as many of these companion passes as possible.

If we focus on just using the Platinum companion passes and somehow find six seats that we can reserve in main, would we be able to likely upgrade them after purchase to Comfort+? It seemed like it from an earlier post I scrolled back to, but want to confirm before we start using up certs.

Will you have the option to upgrade with points if so? Or is it cash upgrade only?

Lastly, just to confirm, we can use a companion pass for two of them even if one of us isn't on that exact booking? So for example my wife and I use one companion pass, then I want to use another for our friends, and another for our kids, it is all pairs of two and we pay for one of the fairs, we will still be good to use companion pass for each? I got the kids their own Delta SkyMiles numbers since it sounds like that is a requirement at least.

Thank you all!