FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gold/Diamond Breakfast at Hilton family properties (master thread)
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:43 am
spainflyer

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by txrus
Type of breakfast offered (full/intermediate/continental; see wiki): Full but since I had the audacity to use some of the points I EARNED by giving Hilton my business, I am not entitled to even the measly $10 credit (not entitled to bottled waters, either-I guess I should be thankful I am still entitled to a bed in the room!)
Added to Wiki: NO
If I read your post correctly, you were denied F&B credit because you had booked with points. This is wrong by Hilton policy. It happened to me (twice, at the same HGI) and the second time I contacted William, the Hilton representative on these boards who was encouraging and helpful. After quite a bit of back and forth with Hilton Diamond Customer Service and the hotel management, I was refunded about 85% of what I was due, since I had nevertheless eaten breakfast each morning in the hotel restaurant. The whole process was a PITA but, reading other postings here, it was not unusual, apparently. But really, as MANY have said on this thread, it is time for Hilton to get its policy straight with Hilton hotel owners and managers. There are still just too many screw ups ("It's Hilton's policy, sir. We can't do anything about it.") and neither we, nor the Hilton central management, should expect William to sort them out.