FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Dec 29, 2021, 2:56 pm
KeithRedford

Programs: SkyMiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by CLT
AA5336 IAD-CLT (PSA CR9) on 12/22 in F:

Standard PSA service on this flight (drinks + snack basket). FA strangely only greeted those seated on the "A" side of the cabin by name. Plastic supply-chain cups. Refills were offered and the FA commented how she was surprised someone could like AA's white wine so much.

Unrelated, but I would say 60-70% of the passengers on this flight were connecting from QR.

AA545 CLT-DCA (LUS A319) on 12/28 in Y:

Long upgrade list a la UA for this flight. Strange crew as well. They kept emphasizing through multiple PA announcements that "local management" was on the jet bridge during boarding to answer questions and would assist in gate checking bags and that "local management" is standing by etc. I haven't sat in an exit seat in a while, but I thought it was a FAR to get a verbal response in English in regard to exit seating compliance. The FA just took the safety card out and said "you are sitting in an exit window tonight, you might need to assist in an emergency" and then walked away. They kept the cabin lights on during take off which I thought was odd as well.

Seat belt signs came off relatively quick (before the crew were out in the aisle doing their service) and it looks like the Y FAs made passengers in the Y cabin use the F lav while they were getting their cart out...fair as it's a short flight and Y was full, however everyone who went to the lavatory (and was seated forward of the exit row) missed out on a drink. One FA said to the other FA "we missed about 4-5 people who were in the lav" and the other just shrugged their shoulders and said "oh well". All drinks were served in AA paper coffee cups, and everyone was offered a choice of biscoff or pretzels. I thought they had those corn nut things as a choice as well?
Seems the only consistent thing with AA is being inconsistent.